Monday, January 12, 2009

Flowers abound


For some reason, I 'connect' to this very simple piece. The pattern was designed by a cross-stitch artist from a sheet of wallpaper. I just love it although as you can tell, it is not an intricate design and the design is repeated throughout.
I could have stitched forever and made a very large piece
but wanted it small.
I plan to (one day!)
have it framed and hung in the guest bath.
This was one of my first attempts at stitching, also.

Flowers -- Well -- if anybody
by Emily Dickinson

-- Well -- if anybody
Can the ecstasy define --
Half a transport --
half a trouble --
With which flowers humble men:

Anybody find the fountain
From which floods so contra flow --
I will give him all the Daisies
Which upon the hillside blow.
Too much pathos in their faces
For a simple breast like mine --

Butterflies from St. Domingo
Cruising round the purple line --
Have a system of aesthetics --
Far superior to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment